Sunday, December 21, 2008

Babies Drink Coke Too



I was at the airport and I saw a mother "bottle-feeding" a baby (or I guess you could say young toddler) Coca-Cola from a can. The kid could not have been more than 10-months old.

I was SHOCKED. Unfortunately I don't have a photo for you, because I think that would require permission from the parent. And what parent would want some random stranger at the airport taking a picture of your kid drinking Coke. Yes, because it does reflect badly on you as a parent. Don't try to deny it.

But the baby is only 1 in 1 billion cans that are supposedly consumed each day. Is it Coca-Cola's fault that people aren't educated? Or are they just the most genius marketing company ever? Hook 'em in early cause darn it, it tastes good. In fact, Coke has people choosing it as the preferred beverage over water. Many times this is because Coke is CHEAPER in certain countries because of the scarcity of water. Also, it is cleaner and safer and more widely available than water.

Some (negative) side effects from drinking Coke:
1) What I thought were obvious health negatives
2) Destruction of water resources
3) Bloodshed and warfare

and drumroll...
4) Life as we know it since it destroys sperm

Don't let that stop you though. Drink up! It definitely is the Coke side of life.

No comments: